Middle School Program
Preteen Bootcamp Outlines and Costs
Studies show that a positive and knowing attitude toward sexuality is a powerful contributor to the development of well-adjusted and healthy young adults. The same studies indicate that, believe it or not, teens want to learn about sexual health from their parents! But, for many parents, this is a daunting task. Too many adolescents are left to find out on their own what sex is all about; from their friends at school, from T.V. or, worst of all, through experimentation. A lack of straight talk about sexual health leaves teens at risk for unplanned pregnancies, exposure to sexually transmitted infections, and sexual exploitation.
You’ll learn practical tips for answering the questions your teen may ask, and become familiar with the community resources available in your area. Using humor and straight talk in an open, interactive environment, Saleema and her team show how easy it is to convey healthy, meaningful messages about sex and growing up to your teenager.
COST: $350 + gst 6:30pm-8:00pm
(Held prior to student workshops) Travel fee may apply.
- Sexual consent and personal safety
- Review of anatomy and reproduction
- Media and porn literacy
- Emotional and physical responsibilities of a sexual relationship
- Understanding personal sexuality-related values, beliefs and boundaries
- Recognition that most teens are not sexually active
- Further discussion of STIs and prevention
- Introduction to contraception (beyond condoms)
- Gender stereotypes, homophobia and transphobia
- The importance of taking responsibility of one’s health (ie. testicular self-examinations)
- Availability of community sexual health resources
- An understanding of healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
COST: $250 + gst per 75 minute workshop (Additional charge for assembly format), $550 + gst for full day (Includes three 75 minute workshops). Travel fee may apply.