After I finish writing this, my first blog, I will head out to teach my first presentation of 2012. I know that for most students and teachers school started last week, but I had the luxury of easing back to work after Christmas slowly. And I find myself feeling much like I do at the start of every year…excited and ready. Don’t get me wrong, I love being on vacation. But for some reason, every September and every January, I am ready to get back into the swing of sexual health. Maybe it’s because I’m well rested. Maybe it’s because I’m a creature of habit and thrive on routine. Maybe it’s because I really do love my work. It’s probably a combination of all three, but bring it on, 2012!
Those of you who know me know that I am a list person, and I couldn’t help myself. Over the last few days I’ve been compiling a list of the top ten things I’m looking forward to as I start my work year:
- Introducing a new sexual health educator to my team.
- Hearing the sound of an elementary school playground at recess.
- Seeing the white faces of the grade four kids I teach totally grossed out and disgusted by the thought of being body scientists.
- Showing intermediate and high school students my new environmentally friendly Lunapads (www.lunapads.com) product samples.
- Coming out of evening presentations to daylight instead of darkness.
- Bringing myself up to speed on the latest slang words teens are using (www.urbandictionary.com helps!).
- Hearing the relief in parents’ voices as they tell me that they had “the talk” with their kids using the suggestions I offered them and that it wasn’t as bad as they expected it to be… 10 tips for parents
- Having a teenager come to me after class and say “I’m glad I came to school today”.
- Gearing up for another great iGirl season…www.saleemanoon.com for details!
- Counting down the days until Spring Break.
What are you looking forward to at work in 2012?
Subscribe to our newsletter at www.saleemanoon.com|Like us on Facebook |Follow us on Twitter