Work With Us
Saleema Noon Sexual Health Educators
Digital Marketing, Communications and Social Media Specialist
Love juggling design, copy and social media? Passionate about sexual health education and supporting kids to be happy, healthy and safe? Got a “get things done” attitude and thrive on a flexible schedule? Then you might just be our unicorn!
Saleema Noon Sexual Health Educators provides comprehensive, current, evidence-based, and inclusive sex-positive sexual health and empowerment education to elementary school students and their parents, both online and in-person. We empower kids to make smart decisions about growing up, and we support parents to have open, honest, meaningful conversations with their kids about important topics.
Join our small but mighty team! We currently have long-term part-time and casual positions open in Digital Marketing, Communications and Social Media.
We highly encourage you to apply if you qualify for at least two of the core responsibilities we’ve outlined below.
- Lead and maintain the social media calendar,
- Create and design content including posts, stories, and reels,
- Maintain brand voice across various platforms,
- Engage with audiences and respond to inquiries/messages in a timely manner,
- Develop and manage paid social media campaigns for online programs,
- Research, report and incorporate social media trends in the sexual health and education spaces,
- Measure, report and make recommendations on analytics.
Content & Communications
- Create, design and update slide decks, training scripts and outlines, support documents for digital courses, membership and bonus content that is value-based, actionable, and engaging,
- Write copy for a variety of media including social, video, and web,
- Research and report on trends in the sexual health and education spaces,
- Strategize, create and manage newsletters/email campaigns,
- Edit and proof work,
- Create training material focused on online marketing strategies and frameworks for webinars and live workshops as needed,
- Manage content updates in Kajabi for all course and membership products,
- Help brainstorming podcast episode topics and write episode scripts,
- Edit content for flow and accuracy.
- Manage marketing of online program launches including email marketing and ads,
- Create and execute Facebook/Instagram ads strategy based on strong understanding of Facebook advertising policies and conversions,
- Track email campaign metrics (delivery, open, click-through rates),
- Recommend website and campaign optimizations,
- Understand target audiences’ digital behaviour and related trends,
- Evaluate the success of media strategies and campaigns,
- Make SEO recommendations,
- Oversee the creation of funnels, including opt-in pages and sales pages,
- Oversee email marketing campaigns,
- Quality control of all levels of funnel management,
- Launch support, including behind-the-scenes support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Marketing, Communications, or related field,
- 3+ years experience in social media management,
- 2+ years experience in content marketing and/or copywriting,
- Super savvy and passionate about digital media and trends,
- Knowledge of all social media channels with a strong understanding of Instagram and Facebook, including ad strategy,
- Experience running social media accounts for businesses,
- Experience launching online programs and products,
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator or similar design software,
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar,
- Experience in the sexual health or education/self-development industry an asset,
- Additional training on Kajabi, Demio, ConvertKit and Deadline Funnel an asset.
- You enjoy creating effective and engaging content,
- You are the type of person that can spot a typo from a mile away,
- You are an effective communicator, especially in writing,
- You are a thinker AND a doer (this position is a mix of both) — you can come up with creative content and also don’t hesitate to jump in and implement,
- You can take a concept and effortlessly explain it in a clear and concise manner,
- You easily bring concepts to life via storytelling,
- You present your work in an organized way,
- You have a genuine interest in online marketing strategies and principles,
- You have a good design eye and can communicate how to make written content aesthetically pleasing and accessible in terms of graphics, slide decks and other material,
- You can adhere to deadlines, and work well on long-term projects that require both admin-type and big-picture responsibilities.
- $30-40/h based on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Fun, supportive, respectful work environment
- Help make the world a more inclusive, sex positive, equitable place
How to apply
Please submit the below to email@example.com by Wednesday, July 14, 2021 11:59pm.
Subject line: Job Application – [Full Name]
Email body: (Please copy paste and populate accordingly)
List the sections you’re applying for: [Social Media, Content & Communications, Digital Marketing]
When can you start? [Day/Month]
Required documents (please include as attachment):
- Examples of your previous work/portfolio (as a URL or pdf file)
- A quick 30 sec-1 min video OR a cover letter (max 500 words) explaining why you would be the best person for the job.
The video should be submitted as a URL pasted in your resume and can be a recording of yourself, a narrated presentation, a TikTok/reels format etc. as long as it answers the question.
- Please include any/all URLs in your resume.
- Submit all documents as a single pdf file.
We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds. All qualified candidates eligible to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.